Supervisors, Child Care Assistants, Supply and Vacation Coverage - Full Day Summer School Age Program
Term: July 4 to August 26, 2022 (Except August 1)
Monday to Friday Program Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Successful applicants will be available to work any assigned shift within identified program hours.
Successful applicants will be available to work the entire summer program.
Successful applicants will be available to work in any location within the city of London.
Do you enjoy working with children, and want to have a summer filled with fun?
As an educator in the London Children’s Connection full day Summer School Age Program, you will make a positive impact on the lives of children through engaging in play-based learning activities (while still having your evenings and weekends free).
With the support of your team, your Program Coordinator, and LCC’s dedicated Professional Learning team, you will gain a broader understanding of child development, gain a variety of skills through experience working with children and families, and be able to take great pride in the meaningful impact of your work.
If you’re ready to build relationships, and have a summer you’ll never forget, check out the role qualifications below.
- are Registered Early Childhood Educators, or
- possess post-secondary education in child/family/human services related studies and/or
- qualify for ‘Director’s Approval’ status through the Ministry of Education (for Supervisor position)
- have experience or education in family-centred, strength based and trauma informed approaches to working with children
- have experience, or interest in gaining experience, working with groups of school age children in a full day program setting.
- have an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check
- have Standard First Aid with Infant & Child CPR: Level C
Early Childhood Educators will be considered first.
Early Childhood Educators must be in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
Successful applicants must be available for mandatory training sessions prior to July, dates and times to be determined.
- Proven program planning and implementation skills
- Well versed in the developmental stages of school age children and how they apply to building resilience, capacity and coping strategies
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Well developed administrative skills
- A positive, sensitive and inclusive attitude towards working with children
- Follow London Children’s Connection’s Program Statement, and Policies, Procedures and Guidelines based on the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment
- Physically able to assist children and able to set up, move and carry program equipment
- Support all children in integrating into the program, and supporting their success and enjoyment
- Responsible supervision and decision making to create a balanced program of activities suitable for a full-day summer program
- Maintain effective communication with parents, encouraging their involvement
- Foster children’s curiosity and participate in activities with children based on their interests and needs
- Work collaboratively with a program team to meet the needs of all children in the program
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality and courtesy at all times
- Practices supportive and respectful interactions with children, to ensure that they feel a sense of security and belonging.
Ready to apply?
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please advise Human Resources at email@example.com