Permanent Supply Staff for Before and After School Program
Part-time Term Position Corresponding to the 2020/2021 School Year
Rate of Pay: Starting at $22.66 per hour
Rate includes $2.00 per hour, which is provided through a provincial wage enhancement grant.
Candidates must have reliable transportation to travel to all Programs throughout London and area
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you interested in a friendly and professional working environment?
Hours of Work:
- You will work Program every a.m. and p.m., Monday through Friday, during the school term
- Hours are 7:15 a.m. to school opening + 15 minutes prior to school dismissal to 6:00 p.m.
- There will be minor variances to these hours depending on the assigned position.
- Shifts on Professional Activity Days will be scheduled within the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. based on enrolment
- Additional hours will be scheduled as assistance is required in Human Resources, commencing at 6:00 a.m.
- Mandatory attendance at ‘Support Sessions’ and ‘Professional Learning Sessions’
- Completion, or in the process of completing, the following fields of study: Early Childhood Education diploma or degree with membership in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators, Bachelor of Education, Recreation and Leisure, Child & Youth Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Bachelor of Arts in Child Studies, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Recreational Studies
- Experience working with children between 4 to 12 years of age
- Experience working in a School Age Program is preferred
- Certified in Standard First Aid with Child & Infant CPR - Level C
- An acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member
- Motivated, with well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a variety of locations, with a variety of people
- To liaise effectively with the Supply Staff Placement Supervisors
- To implement a quality Before and After School Program for children 4 to 12 years of age
- To ensure the supervision and safety of the children in the program
- To build positive relationships with the children, families and school community
- To follow the Child Care and Early Years Act requirements and London Children’s Connection’s policies and procedures
- To be trained as back-up for the Supply Staff Placement Supervisors’ positions as required
Ready to apply?
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please advise Human Resources at Brittany@lcc.on.ca