People Services (Human Resources) Leader
Full Time, Permanent Position
About the position:
London Children’s Connection is a vibrant, growing organization that provides excellence in licensed child care, early learning, and family support programs in London and the surrounding area.
We are introducing a new team to our organizational structure, combining our Human Resources and Professional Learning teams under the umbrella of People and Culture. By creating intentional and meaningful ways for the amazing people on these two teams to work closely and collaboratively together, we can enhance our array of people services including recruitment and selection, professional learning and performance support, policies and procedures, and staff relations and engagement.
In order to attain this vision, we are seeking the right candidate to be our People Services Leader, responsible for overseeing and supporting the Human Resources arm of the People and Culture team.
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources
- Certified Human Resources Professional Designation
- Minimum five years of experience in the field of Human Resources/People Services
- Minimum two years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role
The person we are looking for:
- Is an inspirational leader who promotes a culture of collaboration
- Enjoys working with people, and has a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive, respectful relationships
- Has a keen interest to work in a child and family centred organization
- Is friendly, compassionate, patient, open-minded, and professional
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and is an effective mentor
- Uses a solution focused approach to problem solving, and is a thoughtful decision-maker
- Has strong organizational skills, and is adaptable to change
- Is proficient with software applications and database administration
- Provide ongoing support, feedback, and guidance, in accordance with human resources legislation, to team members and others, using a relational/strengths based approach
- Ensure effective recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes, through collaboration with team members and other colleagues
- Provide support and direction regarding specific performance concerns
- Oversee the human resources information system, ensuring data accuracy
- Update job descriptions, and prepare job postings and offers of employment
- Lead the development and administration of Health and Safety committees
- Coordinate and participate in People and Culture related meetings/strategic sessions
If you are interested in this exciting employment opportunity and are a qualified candidate, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter to the People and Culture Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please identify the position you are applying for in the subject line as: Application for People Services Leader
To learn more about London Children’s Connection, please visit our website at lcc.on.ca. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact: Brittany@lcc.on.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.