EarlyON Playgroup Facilitator at Westmount, White Oaks Family Centres and Community Locations
Are you an Early Childhood Educator who is interested in making a meaningful impact in the lives of children and their families?
Our playgroup leaders build relationships and are able to provide information and resources to support the whole family, all while sharing their knowledge of child development and How Does Learning Happen?.
These free EarlyON playgroups offer an opportunity to invite children and their parents or caregivers to come and play, explore and spend quality time together. As a playgroup leader you can help create a safe, welcoming and educational environment where children and adults interact together and have fun!
Locations and Hours of Work:
This opportunity will be split time between Westmount and White Oaks Family Centre locations, as well as various community sites.
10-12 hours per week, as well as occasional coverage as needed during planned absences such as vacation, professional development etc., as well as same day absences due to illness or emergencies.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Proof of membership in the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum of two years working with children and their families
- Ability to work 9:00 a.m. to noon, as well as one or two evenings per week(approximately 3-7pm), with possible ‘on-call’ shift opportunities, Monday through Saturday
- Ability to travel within the community as required
- Familiarity with community resources
- Positive leadership, excellent communication, and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Along with creative programming skills, a highly developed knowledge of child development
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team member
- Comfortable working with adults as well as children
- Strong working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and related regulations, inquiry-based learning, and the Ministry of Education document - How Does Learning Happen?
- To be responsible for the operation and supervision of a high quality playgroups
- To be responsible for ensuring high quality service delivery for parents/caregivers and their children, from infancy to six years of age
- To ensure the program and environment are stimulating, nurturing, and developmentally appropriate
- To ensure a safe, healthy environment at all times
- To effectively support playgroup volunteers while ensuring the policies and practices as well as the guiding principles of LCC, are followed
- To actively participate as a member of the team
- To complete additional tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator
Ready to apply?
Qualified applicants can e-mail their resumes and cover letters to: Connie Dowell - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Please identify the position you are applying for in your e-mail subject line, ie ‘EarlyON Playgroup Facilitator’
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00pm on Tuesday, May 24, 2022
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.