Child Care Worker Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs Position)
This is a funded position through Service Canada
This term is for eleven (11) weeks, commencing October 5, 2020 ending December 18, 2020.
Twenty-five point four-five (25.45) paid hours per week + a half (.5) hour unpaid break
The hourly rate of pay is $14.00
This job will provide a career-related work experience
The successful applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Will be between 15 and 30 years of age inclusive at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Secondary education is required
- Studies related to Children and Family studies is preferred
The ideal candidate possesses, or is in the process of developing, the following skills and traits:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable in child development
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work within a team to create a warm and nurturing learning environment
- Work with children from infancy to 12 years of age
- Facilitate learning through short and long term projects
- Building skills such as critical thinking, language, problem solving, conflict resolution and social skills
- Assist with the inclusion of children with special needs into daily programs
Ready to apply?
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes to: Courtney Hill - Human Resources Assistant at email@example.com
Note: Please identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail, ie ‘CCWA - Canada Summer Jobs’.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m. on Monday September 28, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.