1. How do I apply for career opportunities in the School Age Program, or to be on the Supply Staff list?
After reviewing available positions outlined in the Careers section of London Children’s Connection’s website, complete the on-line Application form, including a downloaded resume.
Note: Job Postings for specific openings in our Children’s Centres or Administrative teams will be posted in the Careers section. To apply for those opportunities, please follow application directions set out at the bottom of each Job Posting.
2. When will I hear back from you after I have submitted an Application?
We thank you for your interest in London Children’s Connection; however, only those applicants accepted for an interview will be contacted.
3. What qualifications are required to work in the School Age Program, or be on the Supply List for School Age Programs and/or in Children’s Centres?
An Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree, with membership in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators, plus two years’ experience, is desirable for all School Age Program staff, as well as for Supply Staff.
For those interested in pursing a diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education, there are grants available to financially support individuals who are studying in the field, working at home or in a centre-based agency in Ontario. Please visit www.ecegrants.on.ca for more information.
Candidates who have completed, or are in the process of completing, the following fields of study, coupled with child related experience, will be considered for non-supervisory School Age Program positions:
- Recreation and Leisure
- Child & Youth Worker
- Bachelor of Education with Primary/Junior/Intermediate specialization
- Developmental Service Worker
- Bachelor of Arts in Child Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Recreational Studies
Professional experience working with children 4 - 12 years of age is required. This includes working with children in arts and creative programs.
Certification in Standard First Aid, including CPR for infant and Child - Level C, as well as an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check, are required.
Qualifications for positions in our Children’s Centres and Administrative teams will be included in individual Job Postings in the Careers section of our website.
4. How can I keep advised of what career opportunities are available with London Children’s Connection?
Please visit the Careers section of our website at www.lcc.on.ca/careers on a regular basis.
Follow us on Twitter at @LCCLdn
Like us on Facebook at @LCCLondon
Opportunities with London Children’s Connection are also posted on the following sites:
Canada Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca
Western University https://connect.uwo.ca/home.htm
Pillar Non Profit Network http://www.pillarnonprofit.ca/
5. What are the rates of pay?
Rates of pay for School Age and Supply will be identified during the group interview.
Note: Pay for specific Job Postings for opportunities in our Children’s Centres and Administrative teams will be discussed at the appropriate point in the interview process.
6. Who can I contact if I have more questions?
We hope you have found the information you need in this section. If you have further questions you can contact Diana Nagel - Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com - 519.471.4300, extension 256.
7. What should I bring to the interview?
This information will be provided when you are contacted by a member of the Human Resources team to schedule an interview date and time.
8. What should I do if I can’t attend a previously scheduled interview?
If an emergency or a change in your personal situation occurs, please contact the Human Resources Assistant by email or by calling reception (519-471-4300) as soon as possible to advise you will not be attending, as well as to schedule an alternate date and time if applicable.