Permanent Supply Staff for the School Age Program
Part-time Term Position Corresponding to the 2017/2018 School Year
Rate of Pay: Starting at $20.48 per hour
Rate includes $2.00 per hour, which is provided through a provincial wage enhancement grant.
Candidates must have reliable transportation to travel to all Programs throughout London and area
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you interested in a friendly and professional working environment?
We look forward to hearing from you if you have the Qualifications set out below.
Hours of Work:
- The successful candidate will work Before and After School Programs Monday through Friday during the school term + Professional Activity Days
- Hours are 7:15 to school opening in the a.m. + from 15 minutes prior to school dismissal to 6:00 in the p.m.
- There will be minor variances to these hours depending on the assigned position.
- Shifts on Professional Activity Days will be scheduled within the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. based on enrollment
- You will be required to attend ‘Support Sessions’ and ‘Professional Learning Sessions’
We are eager to meet passionate and engaged individuals with the following qualifications.
- Completion, or in the process of completing, the following fields of study: Early Childhood Education diploma or degree with membership in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators, Bachelor of Education, Recreation and Leisure, Child & Youth Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Bachelor of Arts in Child Studies, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Recreational Studies
- Experience working with children between 4 to 12 years of age
- Experience working in a School Age Program is preferred
- Certified in Standard First Aid with Child & Infant CPR - Level C
- An acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check
- To liaise effectively with the Supply Staff Placement Supervisors
- Implementing a quality Before and After School Program for children 4 to 12 years of age
- Ensuring the supervision and safety of the children in the program
- Building positive relationships with the children, families and school community
- Following the Child Care and Early Years Act requirements and London Children’s Connection’s policies and procedures
- To be trained as back-up for the Supply Staff Placement Supervisors’ positions as required
Ready to apply?
Please indicate ‘Permanent Supply Staff’ in the ‘Position(s) Applying for*” Field of the on-line Application.